On February 7, Saint Tikhon’s University again began its course for students of Russian as a Foreign Language. Four students will be attending the lessons this semester: Claudia La Puma, Cecilia Tresoldi, Francesca Franzoni, and Mariagiulia Lodi from Sacred Heart Catholic University, Milan, Brescia. The Italian students are at Saint Tikhon’s as part of an exchange between the two universities and on individual study programs. They will be studying in the Faculty of Modern Languages (or “Philological Faculty”) during the spring semester.
The course will be more intense this time, with the overall duration of the lessons being two months. Over the course of the program, the Italian students will be studying grammar and practicing speaking; in addition to this, special attention will be paid to Russian spelling and punctuation. The lessons will be taught by experienced teachers of Russian as a Foreign Language, namely, Anna Valentinovna Chernysheva, the Head Teacher in the Russian Department and a graduate of Moscow State University (MGU), and Olga Vladimirovna Phokina, the Dean of the Department of Modern Russian at Saint Tikhon’s.
The lessons are being held in the University’s renovated historic building, the former Eparchy House, on Likhov Pereulok (Likhov Lane), where the Local Council of the Russian Orthodox Church convened in 1917-1918.
Weekly timetable of lessons:
Saturday, 9:00-11:15am (Ilovayaskaya Campus)