The Research Center for the History of Theology and Theological
(the Center) is being a unit of the Faculty of Theology of St.
Tikhon`s Orthodox University. The main objective of the Centre is the
development of scientific and theological interpretation of the history
and the current state of the Christian higher religious education.
The research activity of the Center scholars is focused on the following research fields and projects:Russian theology
1. St. Augustine in Russian theology from the 18th to the beginning of the 20th century.
2. The theological tradition of the Kiev school in the 18th century.
3. Ecclesiology and history of Church in Russia in the 19th – earlier 20th centuries.
4. Theology of the laity in Russia in the 19th century.
5. Relationship between philosophy and theology in the 19th – earlier 20th centuries.Theological education
1. Higher theological education in Russia.
2. The current state of theological education in the Roman Catholic Church.St. Philaret Drozdov, Metropolitan of Moscow
The scientific efforts of the Centre`s scholars
are reflected in the following main publications
Multivolume "Russian theological library" dedicated to publishing the works of famous Russian theologians (in Russian):
1. St. Philaret Drozdov (2003).
2. St. Tikhon of Zadonsk (2004).
3. Metropolitan Anthony Khrapovitsky (2007).
4. St. John of Kronstadt (2011).
5. Bishop Michael Gribanovsky (2011).
serial “St. Philaret’s Almanac” publishing papers on the life of St.
Philaret (Drozdov), and other problems in the history of the Russian
Church (2004-until present, in Russian).
Chronicle of the Life and Ministry of St. Philaret Drozdov. Vols. 1-3 (2009-2012, in progress, in Russian).
N.Yu. Sukhova, The Higher Theological School: Challenges and Reforms
(The second half of the 19th century), St. Tikhon`s Orthodox Univ.
Publishers, Moscow, 2006. (In Russian).
2. N.Yu. Sukhova, The
System of Scientific Certification in Theology in Russia in the 19th –
Earlier 20th Centuries, St. Tikhon`s Orthodox Univ. Publishers, Moscow,
2009. (In Russian).
3. Rev. Pavel Khondzinsky, St. Philaret of
Moscow: the Theological Synthesis of the Era: the Historical and
Theological Study, St. Tikhon`s Orthodox Univ. Publishers, Moscow,
2010. (In Russian)
4. N.Yu. Sukhova, Russian Theology (by Doctoral
and Master`s Theses 1870-1918) , St. Tikhon’s Orthodox Univ.
Publishers, Moscow, 2012. (In Russian).
5. N.N. Pavlyutchenkov,
Religious and Philosophical Heritage of Fr. Pavel Florensky:
Anthropological Aspects, St. Tikhon’s Orthodox Univ. Publishers, Moscow,
2012. (In Russian).
6. Rev. Pavel Khondzinsky, “Now all we are
carried away by Theology”: From the History of Russian Theology of the
Pre-Synodal Era, St. Tikhon’s Orthodox Univ. Publishers, Moscow, 2013.
Collections of scientific papers
Sukhova, Vineyard of Spiritual Sciences: Collection of Papers by N.Yu.
Sukhova, St. Tikhon’s Orthodox Univ. Publishers, Moscow, 2007. (In
2. Russian Theology: Tradition and Modernity: Collection
of Papers, St. Tikhon’s Orthodox Univ. Publishers, Moscow, 2011. (In
Two sections of the Annual Theological Conference of
St. Tikhon’s Orthodox University, regular educational "St. Philaret’s
evenings" and weekly scientific seminar are conducted by the scientific
team of the Center.
19 апреля 2013 г.